Friday, November 20, 2009

Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattison on Eclipse and Breaking Dawn



The stars of The Twilight Saga: New Moon are obviously Edward and Bella, so when we had the opportunity to speak to their portrayer’s Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, we wanted to know how they felt about stepping into their roles the second and third time around. New Moon and Eclipse were filmed closely together so the actors had to shift gears in terms of the story and their directors. They jumped from Chris Weitz to 30 Days of Night helmer David Slade, who seem like polar opposites in terms of vision.


Stewart and Pattinson spoke about the differences between the two films, the Edward/Bella/Jacob triangle, and most importantly when they’ll start production on Breaking Dawn.

After jumping from New Moon to Eclipse, we wanted to know how the actors felt about the character shift in each film. The focus changes from one aspect of Bella’s mental and emotional state to another. After New Moon, she kind of snaps back to reality and according to Stewart, she’s more “content.”

Stewart: Eclipse is such that, just like New Moon it sort of starts and becomes a completely new movie. Just as soon as you think you’re going to get the same story all of a sudden it completely changes. Bella is much more back to herself. She’s content now. She’s comfortable and self-assured in a way that she wasn’t in New Moon. I think what I really love about Eclipse, is what was interesting for me to explore was different levels of love and acknowledging that the ideals that you maybe had a little while ago aren’t true. Bella is innately honest. That’s something that I feel she is. In Eclipse she lies to herself and she lies to everyone around her about the fact that she’s in love with Jacob, just not as much. It’s not that extra thing that you can’t really even describe.

In Eclipse, the one thing we’re all waiting for are those intimate moments between Edward, Bella, and Jacob. For fans of the book, one scene in particular sticks out as the one to watch in the upcoming movie, which happens to be one of Stewart’s favorites!

I loved watching the three of them. I loved playing with the three characters together. There’s literally a scene where Edward and Jacob, who are mortal enemies, are in a tent with a sleeping Bella in between them. It’s a ridiculous circumstance to find yourself in. We had so much to work with. Then the FX as well were even more. There’s a big battle that happens and that was more than we had to deal with on New Moon. So it was cool.

Stewart also spoke about Bella being the longest character she’s ever played, which allowed her to know her inside and out. She knows how Bella would act in certain situations and how she would carry herself around Edward or Jacob. She also got the opportunity to learn a thing or two from director David Slade, that made her look at the character in a new light.

I’ve always gotten to do things for really short periods of time. To follow a character this long surprises me every time. I can’t wait to do the fourth one because I’m sure that I’m going to come in and say that everything I said this time was wrong, that I actually know Bella more now. And actually we have such established dynamics. The way that I know Bella deals with Edward, you sort of can’t mess with that. I know how she deals with him. I know how she deals with Jacob. I know how she deals with Charlie, her dad, and to have people come in and help that process out is only cooler. You always get a different perspective. So working with David [Slade] was like, ‘Okay, lets see what you’ve got, ‘ because he came up with a lot of stuff that I would’ve never thought of and he’s quite good at the whole technical aspect of movie making which is so completely over my head. So I got to feel safe that he had that handled and me and Rob and Taylor just sort of did our thing.

As far as news to when Breaking Dawn will be shooting, we don’t have too much for you. Kristen gave a rather suspicious “I don’t know” answer and then was quickly cut off by the press conference moderator and Robert Pattinson later added:

I think the tentative time line for Breaking Dawn is next year I think. I don’t really know. They may well change that.

So, maybe next year! That’s all we got for now! Seems like they’re being top secret about this one at the moment. Don’t worry, I’m sure they’re working away at making sure this all happens as quickly as possible. Robert Pattinson can’t play a 17 year old forever!

Are you looking forward to Eclipse and Breaking Dawn?


Source: http://screencrave.com

No comments:

Post a Comment